St John's Churchyard on Church Row (1996)

Hampstead Parish Church of St John-At-Hampstead was built in 1745. The churchyard was extended in 1812 to keep up with demand, and is well-known for its graves of famous and infamous personalities.

Bohm brings this statue of the Virgin Mary to life in this photograph. The spectator is made to feel that they have stumbled upon a private moment of deep contemplation, as Mary walks among the roses.