On display

Pewter Tankard (19th century)

The King’s Head Tavern was first recorded in 1721. It was given its current name as an homage to King William IV, after he visited with Queen Adelaide on their way to a strawberry feast at Kenwood House in 1835.

This tankard was found at the pub during renovations in 1977. It is inscribed with the words, 'T. S. Langley, William 4th, Hampstead'.

Situated on Hampstead High Street, the William IV remains a popular pub with locals to this day.