Keats House (1967)

In 1920, Keats House was threatened with demolition to make way for a row of flats. The Memorial Committee was founded and, in 1921, it successfully raised enough money to buy and repair the house. The following year, the Committee donated the house to Hampstead Borough Council. In 1925, Keats House opened to the public as a museum.