Dr George Williamson in Burgh House (1908)

Dr George Williamson lived in Burgh House from 1906 to 1924 with his wife Louisa and their three children. Williamson was an international art expert, specialising in portrait miniatures and trade tokens. He wrote over a hundred books, including one about Wedgwood’s Frog Service – a 980-piece dinner set from 1774, which included plates illustrating 27 views of Hampstead, five of which depicted Burgh House itself.

Upon arrival at Burgh House, Williamson immediately transformed the Music Room into a vast art library, holding around 12,000 books, as shown in this print.